Short Term Rehabilitation Leads to Optimal Recovery
Regaining strength and confidence... increasing mobility and range of motion... and enabling residents to recover... These are the goals of the short term rehabilitation program provided 7 days-a-week at Port Chester Nursing and Rehabilitation Centre.
Our new rehab gym offers patients the latest in state-of-the-art treatment, providing maximum opportunity for a swift recovery and return home. Certified physical, occupational and speech therapists work with our interdisciplinary team of physicians, specialized nurses, social workers, therapeutic recreation specialists, dietitians and other health care professionals to customize a rehab plan for each patient.
With a specialty in orthopedic rehabilitation, our pre-booking rehab program enables patients to have scheduled surgery with the peace of mind of knowing that their rehabilitation plan is already in place and a room is reserved at Port Chester Nursing and Rehabilitation Centre. This allows for a seamless transition and continuity of care once the patient is discharged from the hospital.
Patients tour our facility prior to surgery meeting the rehab team, and also meet with rehab therapists after the surgery prior to being transferred. Once the patient comes to our facility, they are already familiar and the healing and recovery begins!
Our Rehab Program Features:
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies
- Up to 7 Day-A-Week Rehabilitation, Up to 2-3x/day
- Expertise in Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Expanded Rehab Area with State-of-the-Art Equipment
- Assistance in Preparing Home Environment
- Insurance Case Management
- Subacute Support Groups
- Highly Experienced & Professional Staffing
- Concierge Services
- We Accept Medicare, Medicaid and Most Major Insurances
- Patient Meets with Therapist for Initial Evaluation
- Patient may be given Pre-Surgery Exercises for Strengthening
- Rehab Therapist Reviews Expectations of Recovery with Patients
- Team Begins Pre-Planning Discharge, Orders any Needed Adaptive Equipment
- Patient Tours Facility, Meets Rehab Team, Social Workers, Nurses
- Rehab Staff Communicates with Surgeon to Follow Protocol
- Patient Admitted through Seamless Transition
- Highly Customized and Individualized Rehab Program
- Program Structured to Maximize Each Patient's Potential